Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

April iTunes Facebook Sampler

Another set of songs has become available on the iTunes Facebook page, meaning that there are twenty potential favorites to add to your playlist - or twenty potential pieces of crap. It is called the Indie Spotlight Sampler, and in the past that usually means most of the songs sound like they belong on a freaky preteen movie where the main character 'learns something about life.' Ugh, no thanks. But I've downloaded past indie spotlight samplers from the iTunes Facebook page, and there have been a few gems that came out of it. For example, I found 'Prisoner' by Jeffree Star (very creepy lyrics, but I love the fast paced rock aspect) in the alt/rock indie sampler, and it's now one of my favorites.



Lucky for you, I have downloaded the latest batch, and can pick and choose the best, to tell you whether it's worth the twenty song download.

The only ones I liked even remotely were 'Fader' by the Temper Trap, and 'It's been so long' by AM. 'July Flame' by Laura Veirs was familiar for some reason, but I can't figure out where - that doesn't mean I like it though.




The rest, as I figured, weren't too special. They were either too boring and I knew I would never listen to them, or they hurt my ears.

Decide for yourself by getting the whole playlist here: iTunes Facebook Sampler

PEACE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment